Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Craniopharyngioma

**What is Craniopharyngioma?**

It is a slow growing, benign tumor that develops near the pituitary gland from embryonic tissue. This tumor is rare and generally affects children between the ages of 5 and 10. It is possible for an adult to be affected by this condition, but is uncommon. This specific tumor tends to disrupt the development of the skull completely and places stress on the pituitary gland, resulting in increasing pressure on the brain.

**Symptoms**

Symptoms tend to differ with age. Some of the most noticeable are: headaches, nausea, vomiting, delayed development in children, disruption in the proper function of the pituitary gland, and sometimes can affect the optic nerve. With disruption in the pituitary gland many children have hormone imbalances. This can lead to extreme thirst and urination abnormalities. The optic nerve damage can lead to vision problems and sometimes blindness. Symptoms that occur from Craniopharyngioma are often permanent and require surgery.

**Treatment**

The main treatment suggested by physicians to patients with Craniopharyngioma is surgery. In some cases the entire tumor is removed and in other patients on a portion of the tumor can be removed. Another choice that patients can choose is radiation therapy. This is the most recent treatment being utilized, but since it generally affects patients between the ages of 5 to 10 it is not always recommended.

**Prognosis**

After surgery, most patients can have about an 80% full recovery. There is a possibility of complete recovery if the entire tumor can be removed. The damage to the pituitary gland and optic nerve generally never completely heal and the patient can still experience hormone imbalances and often times vision problems even after surgery. In some cases these problems can become worse after surgery.




CT scan of the brain showing a craniopharyngioma (white structure in the center of the image).
www.medgle.es
Sagittal MR image obtained in a 10-year-old girl harboring a giant craniopharyngioma.

www.medscape.com

2 comments:

  1. How I became a happy woman again
    With tears of joy and happiness I am giving out my testimony to all viewers on line, my problem with Stomach Cancer stage IB and HIV has caused me many pains and sadness especially in my family.
    I was so afraid of loosing my life, I suffered the embarrassment of visiting
    therapy hundreds of times, unfortunately they did not find a definitive solution to my problem, I cried all day and night, do I have to live my life this way? I searched all true the internet for care, I was scammed by internet fraudsters times without numbers… until a friend of mine who stays in the UK introduced me to a friend of hers who was cured of the same disease, and she introduced me to Dr Itua who cured her from Breast Cancer by this email/WhatsApp +2348149277967,  drituaherbalcenter@gmail.com. I contacted him and he promised that all will be fine and I had faith.He sent me his herbal medicines through Courier service and i was instructed on how to drink it for three weeks to cure,I followed the instruction given to me and Today am a happy woman again. He cures all kind of diseases like__Brain cancer,Gestational trophoblastic disease,Head and neck cancer,Ovarian cancer,Hodgkin lymphoma,Herpes,,Liver cancer,Throat cancer,
    Syndrome Fibrodysplasia Ossificans ProgresS sclerosis,Alzheimer's disease,Chronic Diarrhea,Copd,Parkinson,Als,Adrenocortical carcinoma  Infectious mononucleosis.
    Intestinal cancer,Thyroid Cancer,Uterine cancer,Fibroid,Angiopathy, Ataxia,Arthritis,Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis,Brain Tumor,Fibromyalgia,Fluoroquinolone ToxicityBladder cancer,Hiv,Esophageal cancer,Gallbladder cancer,Kidney cancer,Hpv,Lung cancer,Melanoma,Mesothelioma,Multiple myeloma,Neuroendocrine tumors
    Non-Hodgkin lymphoma,Oral cancer,Sinus cancer,Hepatitis A,B/C,Skin cancer,Soft tissue sarcoma,Spinal cancer,Stomach cancer,Vaginal cancer,Vulvar cancer,
    Testicular cancer,Tach Diseases,Leukemia.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was active in sports and frequent cycles around. Few years ago, I started to have knee pain and my doctor advised me to go for knee cap replacement. but I didn't search online for herbal cure, then I came to know about Dr Itua herbal center online and started to take his herbal medicines  daily. To my surprise , my pain was relieved within weeks and the doctor told me I didn't have to go for the surgery.I'm glad to let everyone here on health conditions should contact Dr Itua herbal center on drituaherbalcenter@gmail.com for any types of herbal medicines such as Herpes Cure,Hiv Cure,Parkinson Cure,Diabetes Cure,Lupus Cure, HPV Cure, MS Cure,ALS Cure, Cancer Cure,Pregnancy Herbal Medicines.Dr Itua has all such herbal cure for all diseases and it's all permanent cure.

    ReplyDelete